Monday, September 3, 2012

Massage away your aches and pains


Ever had the opportunity to enjoy a massage, either to relax or ease your aches and pains?  Those who have will surely remember it and its benefits.  Luckily, I've had the pleasure of trying out different kinds of massages ranging from a head to a foot massage, from a hot stone one to a traditional full body massage.  Besides the anticipation of devoting a quiet hour exclusively to myself, I always felt better and more relaxed after each one.

In recent months, I decided to try out a course of Chinese massages in order to ease my lower back pain, and even though this time the choice arose out of need rather than pleasure, I'm happy to say that these massages have worked wonders.  Unfortunately, the benefits came at a cost and this time it wasn't a matter of simply going for a "once in a blue moon" relaxing treat.  After my 5th massage in 3 weeks I realised that this was going to have a serious toll on my wallet!

But there are inexpensive ways and means to benefit from a basic massage at home which will go a long way to ease your aches and pains.  All you need is a friend or partner, ready to devote to you a few minutes of their time.  And for those who simply wish to have some "quiet" time with their partner, I'm sure it's not that difficult to find a willing volunteer :))) 


So just schedule an hour when you know that you won't have to do a million other things, prepare some background music, light a few candles, and 5 drops of your favourite essential oil to 10ml carrier oil and you are ready to go! Enjoy! 

And if you are looking for a particular essential oil blend or wish to customise your own massage oil just contact me and I'll help you create your own personalised aromatherapy oil blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment